Pregnancy can be one of the most wonderful periods of a woman’s life, but it also hides many surprises and challenges.
We will present you some interesting and curious facts related to the waiting period of your little big man.
- During pregnancy, a woman needs only 300 calories more per day, which is equivalent to one fruit and a glass of yogurt.The cliché «eat for two» does not apply.
- In some cases, hormonal changes have a beneficial effect on hair, skin and nails.Many women have healthier and shinier hair during pregnancy than before they became pregnant.
- The baby’s fingerprints are formed 3 months after the beginning of pregnancy.Once formed, they do not change for the rest of a person’s life.
- The average duration of pregnancy in women is 280 days.This equates to 10 obstetric (lunar) months or 9 calendar months and another 1 week
- The human embryo has a tail that disappears in the 10th week of pregnancy
- The sucking reflex begins to work in the womb.The baby starts sucking his thumb as early as the 15th week.
- From the beginning of the second trimester of pregnancy, your baby can hear sounds.They can even recognize the songs they listened to during their development in the womb.
- During pregnancy, the joints become more elastic due to the production of the hormone relaxin.Relaxin is a hormone produced by the corpus luteum and placenta during pregnancy.He loosens the ties, preparing the pelvis for the future birth.
- The volume of blood in the body during pregnancy increases from 40 to 50%.This extra amount supports the necessary flow of oxygen needed for a normal pregnancy.
- The placenta is the most important organ that is formed during pregnancy and performs many functions.An interesting fact about it is that it develops 50 kilometers of new blood vessels.